So excited to share that I'll be contributing to a print magazine here in Oklahoma! It's a small publication for our area, but I'm so excited to be collaborating on a style post every month! The first issue just came out...it's so neat to see my designs in print! This month, I shared my essentials for Spring. Even though the weather is still acting crazy, it's hard to believe Spring is almost over and Summer officially begins next month. Even so, here are my picks:
1. The Little White Dress | It used to be all about the little black dress, but with warmer temperatures and the lightness that comes with Spring, it's important to switch out your classic black dress for a fresh white one. It will be your go-to dress all Spring and throughout the Summer for brunch, a day of shopping, even a baby shower. It's a one-size-fits-all-occassions dress. Shown above styled for a casual day of errands, you can also spruce it up with a set of pearls and nude pumps.
2. Round Tortoise Sunnies | I would argue tortoise is in style year round, but trend setters and taste makers are labeling tortoise the hot pattern for Spring and round sunglasses are making a comeback. They flatter all face shapes, just pay attention to proportions and look for various shades of tortoise such as brown or green to complement your coloring.
3. Colorful Flats | Spring is all about color and wearing fun flats is just another way to add a pop of color to your outfit. Also look for little details such as bows or embellishments for an extra touch.
4. Lightweight Scarf | The weather is still changing in the Spring so it's important to have a scarf just in case the temperature drops. It also serves as an accessory, just choose a lighter weight material in a fun pattern. Using a scarf is a great way to ease into the trend of mixing pattens.
5. Anything Mint | Although emerald green has been dubbed the color of the year, mint green is stealing the show. Mint accessories and pants are the most popular way to add this fabulous color into your outfit. It's a very flattering shade for all skin tones and hair colors.
6. Printed Pants | Don't be scared to try this style essential. You can begin with a light pattern in less contrasting colors if you're shy to jump right in. But for the brave fashion forward, this is a fantastic way to add an element of interest.
7. Striped T-shirt | This is truly a staple and should be a part of every woman's wardrobe. Stripes are the new neutral and can easily be mixed with other patterns or solids.
8. Coral Lips | The worlds of beauty and fashion are inter-mixed and always influencing each other. This season try a coral lip, which is more forgiving than red. It's perfect to add a fresh touch to your daily beauty routine.
What did I miss? Any essentials you would add to the list?