I hear this all the time: “What exactly am I supposed to eat!? Just make me a list of what to buy to keep in my fridge!”
Well if only it was that easy. The basics of what to keep in your fridge vary greatly based on if you have children, how many people you’re cooking for, your lifestyle, your particular way of eating (I don’t like the word diets….) and so much more. Thanks to bioindividuality, what works for one person won’t work for another. We all know that. Plus, our bodies are always changing. This constant evolution, in addition to all the conflicting articles and information on the Internet, can make it hard to know what to eat. So while I’m sharing my favorite Healthy Eating Essentials with you all today, please know that this list is not the end all, be all of health foods. This is a list of what I commonly keep in my fridge to make meal prep easier and make sure that I can eat healthy throughout the week in an easy and convenient way.
I’m not saying that everyone should eat every single thing on this list. You may be allergic, you may dislike the taste, or your body simply may not agree with some of the things. But, this is a good starting point of what to keep in your fridge. Review my list of healthy eating essentials and pick and choose the things that may work for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment, I hope you find some new inspiring items!
- Roasting Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and sweet potatoes
- Greens: lettuce and baby spinach (always organic!)
- Apple Cider Vinger: yes, I consider this a basic because I try to drink it every day!
- Eggs: Vital Farms brand. Not everyone does well with eggs, but if you do — they really are the most convenient and versatile fridge staple
- Almond Milk: I love Califia Farms because there’s no added carrageenan
- Butter: I always use Vital Farms brand. It’s great for cooking and also BulletProof Coffee if you don’t have ghee!
- Grass-fed Beef: I try to follow a low-carb, high fat (i.e. Keto) way of eating as much as possible
- Organic Pasture Raised Chicken: Organic is a non-negotiable when it comes to chicken!
- Proscuitto or Ham: Please be very careful with the brands! Read the labels to avoid additives like carrageenan
- I keep everything in the fridge!! Vitamins, adaptogens, probiotics, digestive enzymes — all of it!
GOODIES + EXTRAS
- Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups: I have a huge sweet tooth and these are my go-to chocolate snack!
- Kombucha: I love GTs brand because it doesn’t have any added sugar
- Maple Syrup: I use it in baking!
DRESSINGS + SAUCES
- Primal Kitchen Dressings: Green Goddess, Chipotle Mayo and Greek Vinaigrette
- Extra Meats
- Steamed, frozen zucchini and cauliflower for smoothies
- Coconut Ice Cream: I LOVE Coconut Bliss in Cappuccino. Game Changer.
- Extra Nuts
- Gluten Free Waffles: I love Trader Joes brand and Kodiak Cakes
If you’re in the Los Angeles / Orange County area, I highly recommend you check out Milk and Eggs for your groceries. I’ve been partnering with them for almost a year now. It is sooo convenient to shop my groceries online and have them delivered to my door within a few days. I love Milk and Eggs because they partner with local farmers, it’s like having the Farmers Market delivered to my doorstop. Amen and Hallelujah. You can use this link to save $20 off your first order! (This post is not sponsored, I just really love Milk and Eggs and occasionally partner with them to share my recipe creations!)
Let me know what’s in your fridge and if my list is missing anything! If you share a fridge pic on Instagram, be sure to tag me @maebad! I can’t wait to see!